26 August 2010

ACCEPTABLE IN THE 80S


So the eighties, though they may have been thirty years ago, keep popping up in our modern fashion monde. For evidence, look no further than Moschino's a/w ad campaign. For anyone over the age of 35, the idea that shoulder pads, power women and painted-on blusher are quite literally 'retro' must be a pretty scary thought. 


Not ready to re-embrace the decade that fashion forgot? Lust after Louis Vuitton's full skirted dresses, updated for modern women with saucy sweetheart necklines and contrasting black straps. Mad Men has a lot to answer for.

 

The Chloe girl is sitting pretty in the seventies this season, with luxurious satin blouses is subtle tones teamed with high wasited, wide leg trousers. Team with simple seperates in camel for an elegance like no other. 

With hints of the sixties and nineties scattered throughout the international collections this season, one question has to be asked; if we keep harking back to the past for inspiration, what will the look of the '10s be? I'd love to hear what you predict. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Izzy! It was a really great holiday and wow, that's such a nice compliment coming from you, who I have seen to dress impeccably! :-)
    Also, I have been dying to hear about your internship at Pucci! Hope your summer has been amazing too :-)

    As regards to your post, you've just posted pictures of my two favourite ad campaigns right now: Louis Vuitton and my namesake.. Chloe! I love the neutral, subtle tones and the Louis Vuitton ad just screams luxury with supermodels: Natalia Vodianova, Karen Elson and Christy Turlington! High waisted trousers and full skirts all made with the finest materials are my sole envy right now!

    For the '10s, I reckon a culmination of the 70s, 80s and 90s with a chic twist and plenty of black and neutral colours coupled with ditsy prints and bold shapes. That's my guess, but who knows? That's why fashion is so interesting, I never know what's gonna be the next trend!

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you take to read and comment!